Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Hard-Boiled Eggs

Okay, so this is probably the most random post ever, but I have a fool proof way of making hard boiled eggs so that there is never any gray around the edges. I was making egg salad this afternoon and realized that I have to share this info. My step-mom is a tad crazy, but she did figure this out. This is perfect for egg salad, deviled eggs, etc.

Put eggs (however many you want) in sauce pan and cover eggs with cold water.
Cover with lid, turn heat to high and set timer for 14 minutes.
Once 14 minutes is done, take pan off the burner and let eggs sit in boiling hot water for 5 minutes.
Then empty out the hot water and run cold water over the eggs.
Let them sit in cold water for 5 minutes.

That's it. Enjoy.

1 comment:

The Blaisdell Family said...

Thanks Emily. I'm glad you posted that. It's a simple thing, but I always forget how to do it!! My mom does her eggs the same way! The cold water is a MUST. It also makes the eggs easier to peel when you do it this way!