1/2 cup + 2 Tbsp. rice vinegar
2 Tbsp. shoyu (soy sauce)
2 tsp. cornstarch
1 Tbsp. water
1. Heat vinegar and soy sauce.
2. In separate bowl, mix cornstarch with water. When vinegar and soy sauce mixture comes to a boil, stir in cornstarch and water mixture. Stir until slightly thickened. Cool a little and pour mixture into a glass jar.
1 cup sugar
1 cup oil
1/2 tsp. black pepper
2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. sesame oil
1 tsp. dry mustard
4. Mix well and store in fridge.
Lettuce (I use a combination of Romain, Iceberg, and Red Leaf)
5-6 green onions, chopped
2-3 chicken breasts, boiled and shredded
1/2 cup slivered almonds, browned in dry frying pan
2-3 oz. bean threads, deep fried and drained on paper towels
chow mein noodles or 16 won tons wrappers, cut in strips, deep fried, and drained
1. Rinse lettuce and dry. Cut into bite sized pieces.
2. Combine all ingredients (save some almonds and chow mein noodles for garnish).
3. Stir in dressing just before serving.
Notes: If combining ingredients ahead of time, do not add bean threads until just before adding the dressing or they get hard. Enjoy!