Thursday, March 6, 2008

Pulled Pork Tacos

2 lb pork roastsalt (I use sea salt)
pepper
cumin
1/2 c. apricot jam
1 red onion, chopped
2 jalapenos, seeds removed and sliced (this is not spicy at all so for more kick keep the seeds or add more jalapenos)

Sprinkle the roast with salt, pepper and cumin to taste covering all sides. Place in a crock pot and smother the roast in apricot jam, again covering all sides. Sprinkle onion and jalapenos over the roast and cook on low for 6-8 hrs. Shred the pork before serving.

Serve with:
warmed flour or corn tortillas (I use fresh flour tortillas)
Ranch style black beans (in a can and heated up)
rice (I cook in salted water, and add cilantro and lime juice to it)
guacamole (I dice up my avocados and sprinkle it with lime juice and garlic salt)
cheddar jack cheese.

No comments: