Thursday, December 13, 2007

Sticky M&M Popcorn

Craig and I had this on our first date! We did a big group date type thing and my roommate's mom made this for all of us. It's so yummy but I never got the recipe for it! I finally received a copy that Craig's mom had 6 years after our first date! So better late than never I guess:)
The recipe says the following:

4 poppers of popped corn (salted OR unsalted)

BUT I have no idea what that means!! It's not 4 bags of popcorn, that is WAY too much, so if you know, please explain this!
So what I do is use our air popper and use one scoop of popcorn which ends up making one large bowl full of popcorn. If that makes sense. So this is how I'm going to write the recipe:)
1 large bowl of fresh popped popcorn
1 1/2 cups mini marshmallows (more or less depending on how you like it)
Mix together:
1 cup butter
1 1/3 cups sugar
1/2 cup Karo syrup
**Stir together over medium low heat until it begins to boil; stirring constantly. Then time it for 1 1/2 minutes and remove promptly*** (Do not boil any longer or it will harden as it cools and you'll have one large, hard, ball of popcorn!)
Add 1 teaspoon of vanilla
Pour over popcorn and marshmallows until marshmallows are melted and sticky.
Then Add:
1 1/2 cups M&M (seasonal ones are fun for each holiday)
Mix lightly until it's mixed together. ENJOY!!
Note: This is extremely YUMMY! Sticking to the measurements and times of boiling is what makes this recipe taste the best. Too much or too little of ingredients or boiling time and it won't turn out!

No comments: