This is one of our favorites!
1 lb uncooked HEB marinated Lemon Chicken Breasts (or just plain chicken is fine too)
1 lb asparagus, tough ends removed
2 medium shallots, finely chopped ( or green onions)
1 Tbsp butter
1 c whipping cream
1/2 grated parmesean cheese
1/2 tsp Alessi Sea Salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 pkg of tortellini
1. Bring 3 quarts water to boil in a 4- to 5- quart pot.
2. Meanwhile, heat a large nonstick skillet over Med. HIgh heat. Brown chicken breasts 2 minutes per side. Reduce heat to Med. Low; cover skillet partially and cook 5 minutes longer or until chicken is done. While chicken cooks, remove and discard tough ends from asparagus; cut into 1 inch pieces. Chop shallots finely.
3. Remove chicken to a plate; leave any remaining juices in skillet. Add butter and shallots to skillet. Cook 2 minutes; scrape up and stir in any browned bits left in bottom of skillet. Stir in cream, parmesean, and salt and pepper; bring to a boil and cook 2 minutes or until cheese melts, sitrring constantly. Remove skillet from heat; cover to keep warm.
4. Cook tortellini in boiling water according to time on package; add asparagus during last 2 minutes of cooking time. Drain well.
5. Cut chicken into 4 portions. Spoon tortellini mixture over chicken and serve immediately.