- Black or Pinto Beans (we just bought Bush's Black Beans in a can)
- Cilantro Lime Rice (recipe below)
- Sweet Pork (recipe below)
- Green Chile Enchilada sauce (just buy a can from the store)
- Mozzarella Cheese (We used the Mexican Blend Cheese from Kraft)
Smother with additional sauce and cheese if desired.
Put it in the oven or microwave to melt the cheese.
And on the side (if you want to):
Green Leaf Lettuce
Pico de Gallo
SWEET PORK MEAT:
4 lb. pork roast (make sure it's the butt/rump roast)
I made the roast the day before to cut back on time the day of making these
2 cups brown sugar
1 (12-14 oz.) jar salsa
1 can Coke (12 oz.)
Place roast in crock pot, fill half way with water and cook for 6-8 hours on high
Discard water and shred meat; return to the crock pot
Combine sugar, salsa, and coke in a separate bowl.
Add mixture to the meat in the crock pot.
Cook an additional 3 hours. Stir occasionally.
CILANTRO LIME RICE:
2 cups rice
4 cups water
1/2 cup lime juice
chopped cilantro (use about 1/4 of the bunch)
Add everything to a pot and cook according to package directions