4 cups rolled oats
1 1/2 cups nuts and seeds: sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, chopped walnuts, pecans, almonds or cashews
1/2- 1 cup dried unsweetened shredded coconut
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, or to taste
1/2 cup maple syrup or honey
1/2 cup raisins, or chopped dried fruit
1/4 cup vegetable oil
** you can also add 1/4-1/2 cup wheat germ
1. Preheat the oven to 350. Oil 1 large rimmed baking sheet (or 2 smaller ones).
2. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients, except raisins or dried fruit)
3. Pour out onto prepared sheet. I used one large sheet and the mixture was about 3/4 to 1 inch thick. Place in oven. Bake for about 25 minutes, stirring every 5-7 minutes. Mixture should brown evenly; the borer it gets without burning, the crunchier it will be.
4. Add raisins, or dried fruit and put back in oven for 3-5 minutes.
5. Remove pan from oven and cool on a rack, stirring once in a while. Transfer to an air-tight container. Some recipes store in fridge, others don’t. I’m going to try it in my cupboard. Fridge instructions say it will last “indefinitely”; cupboard for about 2 weeks.